Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Our Special Outside Trip





We had our usual day to the orphange except that Nate was wide open. He now likes to watch Alayna and whatever she does he tries to do. The only problem is that he doesn't run very fast with his little spare tire. I have never seen him laugh so hard. Chandler and I will say "where is Alayna?" and she will be hiding behind a chair. Nate started saying Alayna, Alayna. We both just looked at each other with the look of what did he say? The other two families that came at the same time as us were able to bring their children back to their rooms to stay today. Annie has Lillie in the hotel with us and Gina and Bob have Hayden in the apartment with them. If we stayed the whole time we could do the same. This thing of work and paying bills is so over rated. Anyway on to the story of our outdoor adventure. We went for a walk to the market with Dee Dee and Garrett from SC. We have been there before with Annie but I think this place is a must see. Envision a flea market if you will but a little worse. As you walk in, there are ladies selling flowers which are beautiful. Once you pass that there are about 50-100 flys all around the fresh catch of the day but there isn't any water nearby. One tent has the fish in a closed meat case the other has them laying on a table in buckets. As you keep walking there is junk for sale everywhere. Pieces of everything all taken apart. For example there are cans with nuts, bolts, nails, and old sewing machines. The antique roadshow may have a field day. They also sell fresh fruits, vegtables, and clothing. As we left the gypsy women and their children came up to us looking for money. On the way back to the hotel we stopped at this little store and bought an ice cream. That was our excitment for today. Keep posting we look forward to all the comments in the AM every morning.

12 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sound you having a great time with the children, keep up the good work I can't wait every day reading your article , it's rafreshing with positive news

Jacques

 
At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI CHANDLER & ALYSON,
IT SOUNDS AS IF THE CHILDREN ARE DOING GREAT AND LEARNING PRETTY FAST.LOOK FOWARD TO YOUR PICTURES
AND NEWS EVERY MORNING. THIS WILL BE SOMETHING TO SAVE AND SHOW THE
CHILDREN WHEN THEY GROW UP.
MOM E

 
At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having quite an adventure. The children also appear to be adapting well and bonding quickly. Keep up the great attitudes and we will see you soon. Until tomorrow,

Crystal

 
At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of you are getting to know each other so wonderfully .. I look forward to your website each morning .. it is a very sweet way to start my day .. thank you for sharing your story..

 
At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to meet the little Eflands. I say a prayer each night for your new family. What a blessing you all have received...the gift of each other!
Take care,
Andrea Anderson

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey cousins,
We saw a picture for the first time this weekend. Madison & Phyllis had an 8x10! The kids are so precious! We can't wait to hug and kiss them all over. I just explained to Clay what was happening and he said he was happy and Nate could play Rescue Heroes with him and Alayna can play with Cameron. Hope you are keeping notes of what you need when you get home so we can have a huge shower!We love you all!
Keith, Terri, Cameron & Clay

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys, love your pics of the little ones, they are beautiful. I am glad you are doing good and have the cutest kids ever. You both deserve this wonderful gift from God. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Nikki

 
At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Guys!!
I am so happy to hear and see all the great news. On Friday, May 26th, I graduated from seminary with a Master of Divinity. On June 11th, I will be ordained!! Then, it will be Rev. John!!
Please know that my seminary and church have been praying for the Efland family for months and months. I think of you often and I pray that Christ will keep His hand of protection on all your lives during this process. I cannot begin to express how happy I am for both of you. Your children are absolutely adorable and I cannot wait to meet them. Take care and I look forward to your next entry.
Bro. John

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you. I had to fight back the tears of joy when Sandy told me at work today of your journey and little ones that are so precious. I look forward to celebrating this joyous event with all of you. God Bless you richly is my prayer. from the heart with love, elayn alterman

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should see my orange lillies at the side of the house by the driveway, huge!!! and so many blooms i am going to open a flower shop. and the shasta daisies are finally putting in an appearance. great pics of the little eflands. can't wait to go racing and shopping with all of you. love all of us, margozoeaddiedennis

 
At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alyson and Chandler,
We are so excited for you both. The children are beautiful and we know you will make great parents. I'm sorry for not sending you a note earlier, but I just pulled up your website tonight for the first time and read everything on it. Well most everything. I did not read all the comments from other folks. I know you will be so glad to get back home with Nate and Alayna (spelling?). Our thoughts and prayers will be with you. Take care and can't wait to see the four of you when you get back.
Love to you both. Aunt Shirley and Uncle Roy

 
At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very happy and touched to learn about your never to forget journey. The little Efland's have an adorable smile, that comes from you princess.
Keep us posted with news.
Maggie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina

Powered by Blogger

Click for Karaganda, Kazakhstan Forecast