Monday, August 21, 2006

English has started and hasn't stopped



Well today I could not believe my ears. I asked Alayna which she wanted Cheerios or fruit with her yogurt and she says "Cheerios". Usually she will point to one or the other. I was taken back. It didn't stop there she just kept on talking and talking. She asked for a Cinderella sticker to put on her dress, in Walmart she named every character on shoes, and even sang in the car. Everyone kept saying she will start to talk soon don't worry and I kept thinking yeah right. Chandler took her to the library and she was just talking up a storm. She shocked him alright.

Nate has been doing well. He is repeating many words. He will tell you his name, age and the word eat. My favorite is when we ask him for a hug, he runs up to you and squeezes your neck so tight. Looking at his pictures from day one until now he has changed way to fast. His grandpa Fran has taught him how to throw the kick ball down the driveway and his football stance. Many thanks to grampa.

We will be heading to the beach in a few weeks and will post again soon. Love The Efland's

4 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alyson,
Wonderful news about Alayna and her English skills. She is a smart cookie and Nate will learn so much from her. Those pictures of them are darling. Little Nate reminds me of my Jackson and some of his expressions. I love the photos and the updates on your website. What a great way to chronical their growth and development. You and Chandler are great parents..you can see it on your kids faces.
Take Care and Happy Labor Day,
Andrea

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alyson & Cahndler,
It was so great to see you and the children. They are both so beautiful, I have some good pictures and movies of them. Have a great Labor Day weekend.
Love,
Paula

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alyson,

I met you on the airplane on your way home from Kazakhstan. You were comforting little Nate in the back of the plane. I adopted my little girl out of the same family group that Alayna came from. Her Russian name is Anya, we kept this as her first name and named her Isabella. We are experiencing a lot of the same things you are. Isabella is starting to talk up a storm. Each day she amazes us. Feel free to contact me privately at cphannett@msn.com. If you remember I have a few pictures of your daughter with her family group. I would be happy to forward them to you if you would like them.

Connie Hannett
Utah

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alyson,

I met you on the airplane on your way home from Kazakhstan. You were comforting little Nate in the back of the plane. I adopted my little girl out of the same family group that Alayna came from. Her Russian name is Anya, we kept this as her middle name and gave her the first name of Isabella. We are experiencing a lot of the same things you are. Isabella is starting to talk up a storm. Each day she amazes us. Feel free to contact me privately at cphannett@msn.com. If you remember I have a few pictures of your daughter with her family group. I would be happy to forward them to you if you would like them.

Connie Hannett
Utah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina

Powered by Blogger

Click for Karaganda, Kazakhstan Forecast